Study authentic & profound Buddhist teachings with a coherent curriculum
Mangalam Online Course provides podcasts, books, and quizzes for thorough study of Buddhist teachings.
Participants will be guided through carefully curated content before their understanding of the materials are quizzed.
A certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the course.
FOUR NOBLE TRUTHS & SIXTEEN ASPECTS
Four Noble Truths and Sixteen Aspects are regarded as the central teaching of the Buddhist tradition and provide the framework upon which all other Buddhist ethics, philosophy, and meditation are based. These Noble Truths are the truth of suffering, the origin of suffering, the cessation of suffering, and the path leading to nirvana.
Although we may already be familiar with this core doctrine, by repeatedly studying the Four Noble Truths and their sixteen corresponding aspects, our realizations on the spiritual path can become more transformative and profound.
In this course, you will:
- Receive transmission and commentaries on Four Noble Truths and Sixteen Aspects from 8 podcasts.
- Learn Four Noble Truths and Sixteen Aspects following a curriculum from "Awakening to the Noble Truth Curriculum". Please click here to purchase this book.
- Study commentaries on Four Noble Truths and Sixteen Aspects from "Awakening to the Noble Truth". Please click here to purchase this book.
- Test your understanding by taking quizzes. The Awakening to the Noble Truth Curriculum consists of 21 classes, each of which has quizzes. At least 80% grade of the quizzes is required for completion of this course.
Heart Sutra contains extensive teachings of the perfection of wisdom that help us go beyond both Samsara and Nirvana to discover the wisdom and compassion of complete enlightenment.
The perfection of wisdom teachings are complementary to the thirty-seven awakening paths of Theravada Buddhism. The wisdom teachings are also indispensable in establishing the perfect view of emptiness necessary to practicing the two stages of the tantric sadhana.
In this course, you will:
- Receive transmission on Heart Sutra in Sanskrit and Tibetan from podcasts before starting the course.
- Study commentaries on Heart Sutra from 16 podcasts.
- Learn Heart Sutra following a curriculum from "The Wisdom Gone Beyond: Curriculum for Teachings on the Heart Sutra". Please click here to purchase this book.
- Study commentaries on Heart Sutra from "The Wisdom Gone Beyond: Teachings on the Heart Sutra". Please click here to purchase this book.
- Test your understanding by taking quizzes. The Heart Sutra Curriculum consists of 27 classes, each of which has quizzes. At least 80% grade of the quizzes is required for completion of this course.
KHEN RINPOCHE LAMA MIGMAR TSETEN
Lama Migmar has been teaching and guiding students since 1989 and has been serving Harvard students, faculties, and staffs as a Harvard Buddhist Chaplain since 1997. He founded Sakya Institute for Buddhist Studies in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1990.
Lama Migmar has authored and published many books covering various subjects from Hinayana, Mahayana, and Vajrayana traditions. He established Mangalam Studio in 2013 to share spiritual arts, teachings, and practices. In 2017, Lama Migmar created the Mangalam Online Course to provide a rigorous and systematic way to study and practice Dharma anywhere in the world. He is one of the lead faculties at Kripalu in Berkshire, MA. Lama Migmar is also a visiting teacher at 1440, Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat Bahamas, and The Art of Living Retreat Center.